Sunday, August 14, 2011

Great is HIS faithfulness


Great is HIS Faithfulness!
This past week I spent some time seeking God in a special way. One evening when I was on shift at the CTC I went upstairs onto the roof of the CTC and was praying. As I was looking around at the mountains and praying, God spoke to me and said “See how big I am, I know all things and will take care of you of you totally trust in me. Before I had went upstairs to pray, I had started the proclaimer (which is a radio type device that only can play the Bible the one we play is Creole so our patients can understand it) as I was coming down the stairs, it was playing Matthew 7 where Jesus talks about how fathers know how to give good gifts to their children. It was just an added special blessing to me.
Yesterday in the CTC when I was on shift we had a 2 year old boy come in who was dehydrated and had diarrhea several times. Whenever I tried to give him his medicine he would vomit it back up. I tried several times to start an I.V. on him but I was never able to even find a vein on him. I then called Virginia to come and try but she was not able to get one started either. Thea, Virginia, and I talked together to decide what we should do. We decided to see if we could get the child to drink enough for us that we would not have to do either an I.O. (which is putting a needle into the bone and giving fluid that way) or starting an I.V. in the patient’s external jugular vein. I am very grateful to report that God allowed the patient to drink and not vomit it up again. The patient was well enough this morning that I was able to discharge him. I am glad for God’s faithfulness in this situation even though He chose not to allow us to start an I.V., He still chose to heal the patient.
As of right now we do not have any patients at the CTC. We have had a few patients that we treated and released. I am glad that we are able to still keep the CTC open even though we have not had very many patients because a few of the patients that have come in recently probably would have died if they had not been treated.
May each one of us continue to display Christ to all we come in contact with.
Jesse Sutherland

No comments:

Post a Comment