Thursday, August 11, 2011

Well, my time to write has come again!  Time flies when you have a schedule to stick to, and I'm not sure I like how fast it is going.  I am enjoying having just a few patients, even though we still have to be on shift or on call, it frees up a lot of time!  



Yesterday, we went to T-Goave for the day, everyone except Jesse who volunteered to stay with the two patients in the CTC.  We went to market and got to spend some time there without being rushed, and Steve did some business.  Then we went to the ocean and ate lunch. Afterwards, the guys went down the beach a ways and we all went swimming.  It was so much fun!  I had a pair of goggles, and I saw some of the most interesting sea creatures and plants. I really wanted an underwater camera to take pictures of them, but at least I have them in memory!  We had to be careful where we put our feet down because there were sea urchins around.  As it was some people got a few short spines in their feet which Shana picked out with a needle.  After we were done, we went to pick up some Haitians at Pastor Levi's house, and the dump truck engine started making a funny noise.  So we waited there in T-Goave till Grandpa Harold came out with his truck to pick us up.  The moon was shining so brightly on the way back to Ailegue, and there was a lovely breeze, so I didn't mind it being late!  Everything included, it was an enjoyable day...

Today, after doing some other things in the morning, Amanda and I had time to help Jared with the house painting project.  The one house is now finished, and Steve's house is partially done.  I enjoy doing something other than CTC work, so I'm glad there is painting to do.  The guttering looked awful next to the white paint, so I decided to treat it with clorox and a scrub brush.  The whole house looks so much better now! 

The other night when I was in the CTC on shift, I heard the witch doctor and her cohorts singing and chanting.  They went on and on, till the early hours of the morning, and it reminded me again of the darkness that reigns here in Haiti.  The darkness of sin and Satan is everywhere in the world, but some places (like in the States) it is more concealed.  Here it is out in the open, and Satan is worshiped freely.  Please pray for us here and for every child of God in Haiti, that we would be so one with Christ that His LIGHT would shine through us freely, shatter the darkness, and bring many people the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ the Righteous!
--
For His Glory,

Virginia

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're doing all kind of interesting things! The darkness in the world is real, but never forget that:
    "Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world."

    We win:)

    God bless you Virginia!
    -Will

    ReplyDelete