Saturday, July 9, 2011

Another day at the CTC...

Well, it's my turn to write a report again. I don't know for sure what to write about as we have not been very busy. As of this morning we had two patients admitted and four in the observation tent.
The last real excitement that we had was the old lady that came in on the stretcher on Tuesday morning. I guess Thea already wrote all about her, for me it was very new because that was the first one that couldn't walk since I came and she was almost dead! Since then there have been two that couldn't walk, so I am getting a little used to it.
Yesterday I had something a little different. Steve was going to Ti-Goave and I knew Thea wanted to go along so I convinced her to go and said I could take care of everything in the CTC. I ended up not being too bored. Around 11:00 a man came in on a horse and he couldn't even walk so I quickly called Michael and he came and helped spray the man down. Then he put the IV in, since I have never done it before. So the rest of the day I was kept busy with keeping the IV bags going and taking care of the old lady that the others have written about. She was wearing a diaper and kept getting up, trying to pull the diaper down and hitting the bucket about halfway through, so there was almost always a mess to clean up, since she was going about every 15 minutes. I can tell you this much, I was tired of cleaning her up by the time 4:00 came around. But over all I enjoyed my day alone there, I even had a patient come in the afternoon, so I put him in the observation tent, got a haitian to take his information, and I gave him his meds. Also, Thea said she enjoyed her day, so I was glad for that.
The other evening I decided that I'd like to drink some coconut milk, so Vickson climbed the tree and threw a few down. I was glad I got to drink some but I can't say I was very impressed! :) 
I think every one is a little tired of trying to stay awake for only 2 or 3 patients! It was kinda funny at midnight, Thea and I came out to find Virginia and Anna fast asleep in the supply room and they didn't even wake up very easy. So we gave them a little bit of a hard time about it, but then we woke up later to find Steve had been out there and we never knew it :) But we sure did have a job this morning when our old lady woke up, she had a thorough mess all over her bed. So we sprayed and wiped her, put her sheet and gown in the bleach water, took her bed outside and gave her a clean one. Then we had to clean the mess off the cot she had, which was quite disgusting, but her family was supposed to be bringing a mule to take her home today, although I haven't been working out there so I'm not sure if they came. It'll be kind of nice to not have to take care of her, but I also think it was a good experience and she was a sweet "grandma", as we called her. 
One exciting thing is that this morning Pastor Suejet was here witnessing to our patients and three of them gave their lives to the Lord! He is such an encouragement to have around here, but he's going to Ti-Goave and we're all going to miss him.
Well, I guess that's a little of what's going on around here. Thanks to all who are praying, may the Lord bless each one!
Serving my Saviour,
       ~Amanda Sensenig~

No comments:

Post a Comment