Monday, July 18, 2011

A slight wave...

      Okay, I'll try to give a bit of an update on what's going on around here. We haven't been like overworked, but it's not as slow as it was earlier. In the past week there have been quite a few stretchers come in which always makes for some excitement. One of them that came when I was working, was first taken to the regular clinic and they wanted a consultation. They didn't think or maybe didn't want to think he had cholera, but Anita sent them straight here because they said he had diarrhea and vomiting, which was obviously cholera. Another one that came had a bunch of guys with him. They were all being goofy and wanted to be sprayed down so Steve sprayed them all very thoroughly while they laughed and had fun. That was a little different because they're usually serious and worried about the patient but I guess these decided he was in good hands now : ) I'm posting a few pictures of two of the stretchers. 
On Friday the total number of patients reached 13, but by the time Thea and I came on at 4:00 there were only eight. We had a few on cholera beds lately and that sure is pretty disgusting, but I guess if they're that out of it they have to be on there. 
 Yesterday everyone except Steve's, Virginia, and Kirsche went out to Ti-Goave for a baptism at the ocean. Rhonda's oldest girl, Rose, and two of Darv Siebel's girls, Deidra and Ashley were baptized. They had a very nice baptism, there were about 80 people there, a lot from CAM so we didn't know them. But the ocean was beautiful, the weather was sunny but not very windy so there weren't big waves. After dinner we went to market for a while, then headed up the mountain and were back to the mission by 6:00. I think everyone had a good day. I sure enjoyed getting out for a while.
Right now we have about six patients and only one IV bag to keep going, but that will probably come out today. Two of them were on cholera beds two days ago, they are on regular cots now but I just got done helping clean up both of them. They had been sleeping and had a mess all over themselves and their cots, but thankfully Wilmon was out here to help. 
I am typing this at 3:30 a.m., I thought since someone should be awake out here I'll take care of this now while Thea gets some sleep. I'm looking forward to going to church today since Darwin will be preaching so I'll be able to understand what's being preached. I went two Sunday's ago and I enjoyed the singing and all but the message gets a little long when you don't know what's being said. 
Well, I should stop rambling now. Thanks to everyone for their prayers for us, the Lord is very faithful! God's blessing to all.
~Amanda Sensenig~

No comments:

Post a Comment